you know what kills me, what really haunts my deepest darkest dreams? harry using lumos at privet drive in prisoner of azkaban to do his homework. WARNER BROTHERS! Harry Potter WAS NOT ALLOWED TO DO MAGIC OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL. THAT’S WHY HE RAN AWAY AFTER BLOWING UP HIS FUCKING AUNT. Do you understand the MAJOR continuity problem in your adaptation of this billion-dollar book series? DO YOU UNDERSTAND?
YES THANK YOU THIS REALLY UPSETS ME
- They added too many useless new characters.
- The movie was all action, where the book was more about clever puns and educational metaphors.
- They changed the main character’s name from Milo to Thomas.
- The title change was also unnecessary.
- They completely left out the Humbug, the Doldrums and King Azaz.
- The focus on a bunch of trapped boys was nowhere near as exciting as the book’s original focus on the world through the tollbooth.
- They cut out the opening with the tollbooth completely so you have no clue how the main character ended up there.
- I went to this movie just to see the scene where Milo talks to the Dodecahedron and they cut that in favor of a chase with “Grievers” which weren’t even in the original book.
- No credit was given to Norton Juster at all, he only WROTE THE NOVEL.
- It took place in a maze, which was superfluous and not in the book.
- Added “Teresa” when the original novel had no girls. I’m all for more even representation but not when you have to change massive plot elements to justify it for its own sake. And what’s with this apocalyptic crap surrounding her?
- The ending of the movie is so different from the end of the book it’s absurd. No Rhyme or Reason, just set up for more movies. The book stood alone and that’s how the movie should’ve been.
- They changed the scene where he directs a sunrise to a scene where a bunch of maps get burnt. Pointless.
- They changed the Mathemagician to another kid.
- Opening company titles. The book didn’t have any stupid “20th Century Fox” crap at the beginning.
1/5 Stars, read the book or see the old 70s cartoon instead.